Art Beat 2022 is scheduled for August 20, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Artists living in the following counties are eligible for participation: St. Joseph, Elkhart, LaPorte, Marshall, Kosciusko, and Starke counties in Indiana and Berrien and Cass counties in Michigan.
If there is a strong chance of inclement weather in the forecast for the 20th, the event will be moved to the 21st, and that announcement will be made on the 19th on this page and on social media. Artists will also be notified through email.
2022 Event Info for Artists
Click here for a list of 2022 Booth Listings. The listings are divided into the four "Scenes" plus Kid Beat and the Fine Arts Showcase. Within each location, the listings appear in alphabetical order by the last name of the applicant.
Click here for a map of the booths located in Scene A (in yellow), Scene B (in blue), and Kid Beat (in purple)
Click here for a map of the booths located in Scene C (in green), Scene D (in turquoise), and the Fine Arts Showcase (in orange)
Booths in red on the map indicate access to electricity (indicated in green on the booth listings PDF)
Booths will be spaced out with 5 feet separation between booths this year to allow for more distancing and less crowds inside the booths. Artists are permitted to use the exterior sides of their booths for additional display opportunities, so long as the displays are not protruding more than 6 inches from booth boundaries. Artist may also use 1 foot of space in front of their booths for display.
Email ArtBeatDTSB@gmail.com with any edits/questions.
Is this your first time exhibiting at Art Beat? Or maybe you're an Art Beat veteran but would like a refresher course or some tips? Well you're in luck! We're hosting an info session for Art Beat participants at the August 13 Arts on the Race event.
Members of the 2022 Art Beat Committee will have an info booth along the East Race (look for the DTSB tent), near the Emporium parking lot, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. And there will be snacks!!
Come learn about:
*what to bring/pack
*setup, teardown, parking
*payments and pricing
*booth layout/display options
*the importance of a booth buddy
and much more!
We will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have! No RSVP required. We'll be there from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and you can stay for as long or as little as you'd like.
2022 SET-UP AND TEAR-DOWN PROCEDURES
Click here for a map showing the two entry points and one exit point for this year's event and the directional flow of the one-way traffic. It's important that the following procedures be adhered to by participants to ensure a smooth flow of traffic during set-up and tear-down.
Set-up and Parking
1. Enter from the east side of the Art Beat campus at one of the following two entry points: Jefferson & Hill or St. Louis & Wayne. These closures will have half the road open for cars to enter. The other closures will either be for exit only or will be blocked off entirely. See map for more details. Artists in Scene C and D are advised to enter at St. Louis & Wayne, while all other artists are advised to enter at Hill & Jefferson.
2. Follow the one-way flow of traffic west and/or north to drive to your booth.
3. We recommend you scope out your booth location in advance of event day to better familiarize yourself with where you're going. Booths numbers are marked on the curbs in 10 foot increments with a 5 foot gap between booths.
4. Participants who purchased multiple booths will have an extra 5 feet to use for each extra booth purchased.
5. Set up your booth in the street, facing the center of the street, with the sidewalk behind you. You may set up your booth a foot away from the curb and store extra supplies between the curb and your booth.
6. Artists are permitted to use up to 6 inches on the exterior sides of their tent for display and up to 1 foot in front of their tent for display.
7. Even booths are located on the north and east sides of the streets. Odd booths are located on the south and west sides of the street.
8. Set-up times for even-numbered booths is 8:00 a.m., for odd-numbered booths is 9:00 a.m, but if you need extra time to get set up, you can come as early as 7:00 a.m. Arrival deadline is 9:30 a.m. and all vehicles must be out of the Art Beat layout by 10:00 a.m. The barricades will be put in place at this time.
9. Important - park your car TEMPORARILY in your spot to unload your items on the sidewalk by your booth, then park your car (or have your booth buddy park your car - strongly recommended), then set-up. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR BLOCKING THE PATH WHILE YOU SET UP YOUR BOOTH! Be kind to your neighbors!
10. Free parking is located in various points (see map) but the most convenient parking location will be in the Crowe lot, which will need to be accessed via Western as booths will be blocking the entrance off Jefferson (see map for route.)
1. Early tear-down is not permitted and no vehicles will be allowed to enter the Art Beat campus until 7:30 p.m. for pedestrian safety. Barricades will be removed at this time.
2. Pack up your items and tear down your tent BEFORE retrieving your vehicle. Put your items on the sidewalk behind your booth location.
3. Retrieve your car using the same entry points and one-way traffic flow as during set-up, park in your booth spot, and load up.
4. Pat yourself on the back for being a part of Art Beat 2022 and look back fondly on your day and the new customers and friends you made!
NOTE -set-up and tear-down are different for vendors at KID BEAT! and culinary vendors. They will be emailed their instructions.
FAQ FOR ARTISTS
Can I still apply for Art Beat 2022?
This deadline has passed, but applications for Art Beat 2023 will appear on this site in early March of 2023.
Where can I find my designated booth location?
Find a list for Art Beat 2022 Booth Listings click here. If you know your booth number, maps for Scene A (Yellow), Scene B (Blue) and Kid Beat (Purple) are found here. Maps of Scene C (green) Scene D (turquoise) and the Fine Arts Showcase (orange) are found here.
NOTE: Booths in red on the map indicate access to electricity (indicated in green on the booth listings PDF)
Can I bring my pets?
Yes so long as they do not pose harm to other guests and remain on a leash. Please pick up after your pets as well.
Where can I find an ATM machines?
The nearest ATM can be found at the TCU branch at 823 E. Jefferson Blvd. TCU is the presenting sponsor for Art Beat 2021.
What restaurants are nearby?
Downtown South Bend is home to over 50 dining establishments. You can find a list and map by clicking here.