The Gingerbread Village will be located in the lobby of the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown South Bend again for 2021. Visit from December 3-24 to view this year’s Gingerbread Village and vote for your favorite!
THE 2020 WINNERS
Children's Division - Sara Torbet
Popular Vote - Sara Torbet
Non-professional Individual, Family, or Group - Renee Noffsinger & Family
Professional Division - Chef Kevin Stantz with Cass County COA
Interested in submitting your own creation? Register for this year’s competition using the online entry form below. Entry deadline is Wednesday, December 1st. View Competition rules below.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Gingerbread Competition returns to downtown South Bend, and will be located inside the Courtyard by Marriott lobby this year, from December 3-24.
Deadline for entries is Wednesday, December 1, 2021.
Now is the time to begin planning your project. Design a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house or novelty item. Don’t have a lot of time? Then use a gingerbread house kit. Create something on your own or gather your family, friends, or a favorite group or club together to create an original piece.
•Residents of St. Joseph, Marshall, LaPorte & Elkhart Counties in Indiana and Berrien, Cass, & St. Joseph Counties in Michigan.
• Only one creation per entry form.
• Base measurement of house not to exceed 36” x 28”.
• Multiple entries (each with own form) may be submitted by a group or individual.
• Competition and project categories must be chosen and marked on entry form.
• No non-edible materials may be used in the construction.
• All entries must be made of gingerbread; other edible items can be used as decoration/trim.
• Heavy Styrofoam or covered plywood bases are recommended for stability.
• Be creative! Non-traditional designs are welcome.
• Entries that fall apart will be removed from the display area.
JUDGING & AWARDS
Judging will take place on December 18 at 2:00 p.m. with the award ceremony at 3:00 p.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott. Entries will be judged on originality, design, craftsmanship, degree of difficulty and overall appearance. Points will be deducted from entries not following competition guidelines.
• NON-PROFESSIONAL CHILD (18 & Under)
• NON-PROFESSIONAL (Individual, Family -or- Group)
• PROFESSIONAL (Individual -or- Group)
• PEOPLE’S CHOICE
Prizes will be awarded to to the first, second, and third place in each category.
DELIVERY & PICKUP
Entries are to be dropped off, fully assembled, to the Courtyard by Marriott lobby December 1 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and December 2 from noon to 1:00 p.m. The Courtyard by Marriott is located at 121 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Participants may temporarily park in the valet parking area by the entrance for unloading.
Contestants will be able to pick up their entries December 24, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., or December 28 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Any entry still remaining after December 28 at 4:00 p.m. will be thrown away. If special delivery hours or alternate pick-up times are needed, please contact Kylie at the DTSB Office: 574-282-1110 or email@example.com.
Please note that you must provide a valid email address to submit this form.