GALLERY OF WINNERS
Clara Hosle and Auntie
1st place winner of Non-professional Individual, Family or Group & 3rd place winner of People's Choice.
2nd place winners of Non-professional Individual, Family, or Group & People's Choice.
3rd place winner of Non-professional Individual, Family or Group & 4th place winner of People's Choice.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Gingerbread Competition returns to downtown South Bend and will be located inside the Courtyard by Marriott lobby this year, from December 1-24.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, November 29, 2023.
Now is the time to begin planning your project. Design a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house or novelty item. Don’t have a lot of time? Then use a gingerbread house kit. Create something on your own or gather your family, friends, or a favorite group or club together to create an original piece.
• Residents of St. Joseph, Marshall, LaPorte & Elkhart Counties in Indiana and Berrien, Cass, & St. Joseph Counties in Michigan.
• Only one creation per entry form.
• Base measurement of the house must not exceed 36” x 48”.
• Multiple entries (each with its own form) may be submitted by a group or individual.
• Competition and project categories must be chosen and marked on the entry form.
• No non-edible materials may be used in the construction.
• All entries must be made of gingerbread; other edible items can be used as decoration/trim.
• Heavy Styrofoam or covered plywood bases are recommended for stability.
• Be creative! Non-traditional designs are welcome.
• Entries that fall apart will be removed from the display area.
JUDGING & AWARDS
Judging will take place on December 16 at 2:00 p.m. with the award ceremony at 3:00 p.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott. Entries will be judged on originality, design, craftsmanship, degree of difficulty, and overall appearance. Points will be deducted from entries not following competition guidelines.
NON-PROFESSIONAL CHILD (18 & Under)
NON-PROFESSIONAL (Family -or- Group)
PROFESSIONAL (Individual -or- Group)
Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place in each category.
DELIVERY & PICKUP
Entries are to be dropped off, fully assembled, at the Courtyard by Marriott lobby November 29 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and November 30 from noon to 1:00 p.m. The Courtyard by Marriott is located at 121 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Participants may temporarily park in the valet parking area by the entrance for unloading.
Contestants will be able to pick up their entries December 23, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., or December 26, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Any entry still remaining after December 27 at 4:00 p.m. will be thrown away. If special delivery hours or alternate pick-up times are needed, please contact Kylie at the DTSB Office: 574-282-1110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.