Gingerbread Contest Returns to Santa's Workshop
October 24, 2013 — Downtown South Bend, Inc (DTSB) announces the return of the Gingerbread to Santa’s Workshop in downtown South Bend at the former College Football Hall of Fame from December 6th to the 24th.
It is easy to enter!
Deadline for entries is Monday, December 2, 2013. Now is the time to begin planning your project.
Design a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house or novelty item or use a gingerbread house kit. Create something on your own or gather your family, friends, or a favorite group or club together to create an original piece. Prizes will be awarded in 4 categories.
• Eligibility: Residents of St. Joseph, Marshall, LaPorte & Elkhart Counties in Indiana and Berrien, Cass and St. Joseph Counties in Michigan.
• Only one creation per entry form.
• Base measurements of houses not to exceed 36” x 28”.
• Multiple entries (each with own form) may be submitted by a group or individual.
• Competition and Project Categories must be chosen and marked on entry form.
• No artificial materials may be used in the construction.
• All entries must be made of gingerbread; other edible items can be used as decoration/trim.
• Heavy Styrofoam or covered plywood bases are recommended for stability.
• Be creative! Non-traditional designs are welcome.
• Entries that fall apart will be removed from the display area.
Complete entry form by December 2, 2013 then mail or fax to:
Downtown South Bend, Inc. (DTSB)
Gingerbread Village Competition
P.O. Box 930 South Bend, IN 46624